Personal Growth

Companies Typically Underinvest In Managers. Here Are 12 Ways To Invest In Yourself.  – Business Article

by David Deacon, author of “The Self Determined Manager: A Manifesto for Exceptional People Managers“ We all know managers do crucial work. They shape culture, improve employee performance, drive creativity and innovation. And yet, fewer training dollars are typically earmarked for managers than for people at other levels. You’re right: This makes little sense. But don’t despair. There’s a LOT you, the individual manager, can do to improve your impact on those you lead and on the company as a…

Read More

5 Life Skills That Successful People Master That Others Don’t – Business Article

How do you live a successful life? Often is seems like a hidden code. A black box. A puzzling prescription. Some people just seem to thrive. Life flows from one success to another. They find opportunities that others don’t. Prosperity is their life. But others seem to struggle. An obstacle at every corner. Darkness just keeps showing up. Life’s a battle. The reality? Everyone of us will find times in life that will challenge us. Often we don’t know why things…

Read More

How to move forward even when you feel overwhelmed. – Women in Business Article

Did you know that in a recent Harvard study, only 3% of the students in the MBA program had written goals and a plan to achieve them? Ten years later, the study showed that this 3% was earning 10 times more than the other 97% of the class. Other statistics show that 92% of people who set goals quit within two weeks.  It’s no surprise, then, that many entrepreneurs launch amazing ideas and products into the world, but then can’t…

Read More