Womens Business Blogs

Welcome to our Business Blogs for Women. No matter the size or your venture, these business blogs for female entrepreneurs offer valuable information.

Our Women in business section features the latest tips, advice and blogs on how to start up your business.

Celebrating, Connecting, and Supporting Women Entrepreneurs. The Best Women In Business blogs from thousands of top Women Business bloggers in our index ..

Cyber Smarts

Cyber Smarts Hacker using laptop. Hacking the Internet. Five ways to protect yourself from hackers by Mindy Charski You’re not the US government or a global corporation, but that doesn’t mean your computer and the information on it wouldn’t interest cybercriminals. In fact, with so many ways to profit off you, hackers have many reasons to be interested. They could hijack your machine for mischievous exploits, for instance, load malicious software that holds your content hostage for a ransom, or sell…

0
Read More

6 financial planning tips for living life on your terms

6 financial planning tips for living life on your terms Joelle HallAssociate Investment AdvisorRichardson GMP Limited While the basics of good financial planning are the same for both sexes, we face particular lifestyle and economic issues that require special consideration. On average, we women we earn less; take more hiatuses from employment/earning both for child rearing and caring for elderly parents; and we tend to live longer than men. All of which often adds up to having less money that…

0
Read More

90% of Startups Fail – Here’s How to be Part of the Other 10% in 2018

90% of Startups Fail – Here’s How to be Part of the Other 10% in 2018 Sponsored by Website Hosting Rating: There’s this old Chinese proverb that says, “The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago. The second best time is today.” The same idea can be applied to when is the best time to launch a startup. However the harsh reality is that the odds are stacked against you if you plan to create a thriving,…

0
Read More

WEGG: Enabling Global Growth for Women-Owned and Women-Led Enterprises

WEGG: Enabling Global Growth for Women-Owned and Women-Led Enterprises By: Laurel Delaney An estimated 126 million active female entrepreneurs do business in 67 economies around the world.  According to the American Express OPEN State of Women Owned Business Report, this includes 9.1 million women-owned businesses in the U.S., with approximately 1,200 new women-owned businesses started each day—one nearly every two minutes.  These enterprises generate more than $1.4 trillion in revenue and employ more than 7.8 million people. “Women-owned firms that…

0
Read More

November Qualification Grant Awarded to Anahata Collaborative | Grants for Women in Business

November Qualification Grant Awarded to Anahata Collaborative | Grants for Women in Business Last Friday, we shared our November Grant finalists. As always, the WomensNet community made our decision a difficult one. But today, we’re happy to put November Grant winner Lara Cornell, Founder and Owner of Anahata Collaborative, in the spotlight. Continue on to read about her truly multidimensional business… Minneapolis, Minnesota-based Founder/Owner Lara Cornell. WN: How did Anahata Collaborative come about and what purpose does it serve? LC:…

0
Read More

Beyond Google Maps

Beyond Google Maps BY SARA J. WELCH You use your phone to check the weather, read Yelp reviews of restaurants, navigate with Google Maps, and get rides from Lyft or Uber. You probably know about Airbnb, even if you haven’t tried it. But these are just the low-hanging fruit of travel apps. Did you know there are other apps that can save you time and money on the road, help you meet locals, and even remind you to pack your slippers? Best…

0
Read More

Take The Lead » The Sum  — The Meaning of This Week: Pivot

Take The Lead » The Sum  — The Meaning of This Week: Pivot Word of the week is PIVOT As in turning point As in pushing the fulcrum  As in a cultural pivot point* when systemic change can be made  Astonishingly, people were actually tuning in to my first solo Facebook Live at 4 pm on a Wednesday afternoon. I’d clicked the “Live” button at the urging of four USC students who had taken me on as their personal branding class term project.  I…

0
Read More

How To Use LinkedIn To Create Your Powerful Personal Brand by @XLConsultingGro

How To Use LinkedIn To Create Your Powerful Personal Brand by @XLConsultingGro by Elaine Slatter | Featured Contributor If you are thinking that LinkedIn is just a resume site if you are looking for a job, you are not alone.  Although LinkedIn has been around for 15 years many entrepreneurs do not realize the power of LinkedIn.  It is THE business social media platform for business.  I call LinkedIn, “Facebook for business”, serious business people.    You may be wondering how…

0
Read More

5 ways to get your money’s worth from an all you can eat buffet

5 ways to get your money’s worth from an all you can eat buffet Visiting an all you can eat buffet might feel like a competition to see who can eat the most, but there are some thrifty hacks to help you get the best value for money when visiting one. Assess the lay of the land Before you even pick up your plate, take a look around the buffet to see what is on offer. Restaurants will put their…

0
Read More

Take The Lead » Filling STEM Pipeline, Saving The World With Women In Tech

Take The Lead » Filling STEM Pipeline, Saving The World With Women In Tech Jen Crozier, IBM Foundation President; Donnovan Andrews, CEO, Overture; and Valerie Jarrett, Civic Leader and Former Senior Advisor to President Barack Obama. “Tech can be used in higher ways,” says Donnovan Andrews, CEO of Overture, who recently launched the inaugural “STEM + HD” event, with HD standing for humanitarian development. And women in STEM are part of the solution, as the focus of the full-day conference…

0
Read More

Business Tips from DC Style Factory at the Chic Shack

Business Tips from DC Style Factory at the Chic Shack Last night we had an amazing turn and a great time! I would again like to thank all the awesome women that came out. A huge thank you to our guest speaker Rosana Hemakom Vollmerhausen CEO of DC Style Factory and to Domencia Tyler (my girl) owner of The Chic Shack for hosting us! Rosana gave us some incredible tips on how to start and run a successful business. This…

0
Read More

How to Dress Consciously to Better Your Career

How to Dress Consciously to Better Your Career We’re excited to introduce the ladies of Silkarmour, the highly fashionable unfashion site for professional women. InPower Women is partnering with Silkarmour because while we both believe that what we wear matters to our career, traditional rules about how to dress in the office often disserve us. Join us in welcoming Galyna and Rosie to the site and join their hosted forum conversation for career advice on Unfashion Fashion! – InPower Editors Having been…

0
Read More

Selling is NOT Sleazy-it’s about relationships and solving problems.

Selling is NOT Sleazy-it’s about relationships and solving problems. Thank you to everyone who came out to the second Vienna-Tysons AWE Meeting. My dear friend and selling superstar, Kim Fredrich, joined us to speak about women and selling. I love how Kim teaches because she takes the sleaze out of selling. We talked about why selling feels sleazy, but how selling is really about relationships and solving problems. We each shared about our business, why we struggle with selling, and…

0
Read More

Tips for Choosing the Overall Best Mortgage Lender

Tips for Choosing the Overall Best Mortgage Lender Sponsored by CertifiedMortgageBroker.com: Whether you want to purchase a home or a commercial property, the reality is that most people cannot afford to purchase either in cash. Instead, most people need to save their money and borrow to get a new home or commercial property. The good news is that there are companies out there that can help you. There are numerous mortgage lenders and they’re not all equal. Therefore, it’s important…

0
Read More

Introducing Your Unconscious Blueprint

Introducing Your Unconscious Blueprint WNA Blog Home December 8, 2017 | Sue Lester Put simply, your Unconscious Blueprint(TM) is your internal image programming your behaviour. Like any programme, it needs updating regularly to ensure you perform at your optimum level. If you’ve regularly looked after yourself, physically, emotionally and psychologically over the years, continuing to learn and grow, then chances are your unconscious blueprint is an empowering one. It assists you to move forward, making wise decisions with courage and…

0
Read More

‘Tis The Season | Canadian Small Business Women

‘Tis The Season | Canadian Small Business Women The holiday season is upon us and there’s no better time to thank both the regular readers of the Canadian Small Business Women blogs, and the many talented and thoughtful guest authors who produce them. Most CSBW bloggers are small business owners in a variety of fields who take the time to share their knowledge and expertise for the benefit of others. If you’re a small business owner you don’t have an…

0
Read More
About

Business on the Web provides the latest Business News: Breaking Personal Finance, Company,  Financial and Economic News.

Our blogs are an excellent place for technology professionals to get up-to-date industry news. Blogging about the hottest education technology issues.

Social Links